- This event has passed.
Design Thinking – unleash the potential for value creation in your upcoming and ongoing projects
2019-10-22 @ 14:00 - 17:00
Learn how to use design thinking as a strategic tool to drive project development – also research projects. Design thinking is all about people – understanding their needs, pains and desires. This workshop shows you how to use empathy and design techniques to create value and impact for your stakeholders.
Design thinking has become a very popular approach for handling a wide range of development processes. It is both a mindset and a method consisting of several sub-processes that can be applied in order to define, develop and implement projects that create more value to the surroundings.
After a short introduction to the theoretical underpinning of the method, the rest of the workshop will be very practical and focus on:
- How to develop a deep understanding of the stakeholders’ perspectives, needs, aspirations etc. and integrate this knowledge into the framework of the project?
- How to develop innovative ideas, building on this deep understanding?
- How to turn these ideas into concepts and solutions that can be implemented?
The workshop will be a mix of short presentations, experiments with concrete tools as well as a brief discussion and reflection about the application of the design thinking approach.
By the end of the workshop you will have knowledge about
- The theoretical foundation of the approach
- The different design thinking process models
- The core sub-processes of the design thinking model
And ability to
- Apply the method at shorter development processes
No preparation is needed but we invite you to think about what types of stakeholders your research/project have.
The event is free of charge but there is a limited number of seats so sign up is necessary
Speakers: Helle Meibom Færgemann, Special Consultant CUDIM, AU and Stine Bigum Pedersen, Anthropologist, Science for Society, AU
Read more: https://events.au.dk/designthinkinge19