Spin-Out Program (Validate your Business Model)
April 7 @ 08:00 - May 19 @ 17:00Free
TARGET GROUP: Early-stage spin-out and start-up teams who want to validate their business model (individuals may also apply)
WHERE: Depends on the Covid-19 situation.
- Workshop 1: 7th of April
- Workshop 2: 21st of April
- Workshop 3: 5th of May
- Optional: Pitch prep. 12th of May
- Workshop 4: 19th of May
This 7-week intensive program will help you to refine your business model by leading you from assumptions to facts about your business.
The program aims to help early stage spinout and startup teams to develop a strong understanding of how their product or service will meet the needs of their customer base (product-market fit). This is achieved through Stakeholder Discovery (external interviews conducted to validate assumptions).
By the end of the program, participants will be well on their way to having a solid model for how their business can create, deliver and capture value.
Structure and Content: The program consists of 4 workshops, with 2 weeks in-between each workshop for validation activities and meetings with your allocated business developer. Before each of the workshops, you will prepare by reading and watching videos and revisiting the relevant sections of your BMC. You will spend the weeks between each workshop ‘Getting out of the Building,’ by reaching stakeholders in order to validate your assumptions (e.g: end users, potential partners, key opinion leaders, competitors). Based on their feedback you will update and iterate your BMC. During the workshops, you will present your key findings and discuss your next steps. In the 4th and final workshop, you will present your journey of validation and iteration of your BMC to a panel who can help you to determine your next steps in the process.
- You are required to hand in a short summary of your idea or project so we can determine your eligibility for the program.
- You are required to have familiarity with the business model canvas, and have pre-filled the BMC with your initial assumptions. One way you can do this is by joining our Business Model Canvas workshop.
- Participants and lecturers will sign an NDA so information can flow freely during the course.
- Suggested Workshops (highly recommended for the best experience through the program)
Get out of the Building , Introduction to IP , Value Proposition
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- You will validate your assumptions for your business model by making contact with key stakeholders.
- You will become comfortable with presenting and discussing your business, and gain invaluable insights from successful spinout and startup cases.
- You will work closely with a business developer who will continue to follow your case.
Sign up for this course requires a screening of your case. Please contact Astrid Høegh Tyrsted at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information or sign up and we will get in touch