Toolbox workshop: Intro to Business Modeling and Business Model Canvas
May 11 @ 09:00 - May 14 @ 11:00Free
TARGET GROUP: Anyone with an idea for a product or service that they would like to turn into a business.
WHEN: 11th of May & 14th of May 2021, 9.00-11.00.
WHERE: Depends on the Covid-19 situation.
A business model is a tool that helps to describe how an organization creates, delivers, and captures value. It identifies the products or services that the business plans to sell, its identified target market, and any anticipated expenses. Business modeling will help you to steer your idea as you start and grow. During the 2-part workshop, you will learn the history of business models as a tool and be introduced to one of the most well-known visual business model structures in the industry, called the Business Model Canvas (BMC). We will discuss each section of the 9-component canvas and show examples of real business cases. The majority of the time will be spent brainstorming your own unique business case and filling in each section of the BMC with your initial hypotheses.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- understand why having a strong business model is important
- have been introduced to a few of the most popular canvases with emphasis on their benefits and drawbacks
- have started the first iteration of your own BMC
- be ready to begin reaching out to stakeholders (potential customers, partners, competitors etc) to verify your assumptions and work towards a validated business model (See our workshop ‘Get out of the Building’ to learn how to identify and contact your stakeholders).
- You will understand business modeling and why it is important to consider from an early stage.
- You will have completed your first iteration of your Business Model Canvas and be ready to contact stakeholders.
Sign up for the event here.