Toolbox workshop: Introduction to Intellectual Property
June 8 @ 09:00 - June 11 @ 11:00Free
TARGET GROUP: Anyone who is interested in understanding intellectual property and/or thinks they may have a novel idea or research that could be patentable. It is always better to understand IP and its implications early on, so it is better to come too early than too late!
WHEN: 8th of June & 11th of June 2021, 9.00-11.00.
WHERE: Depends on the Covid-19 situation.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
- Introduction to intellectual property
- Different types of IP
- Patents: Patentability vs. freedom to operate
- What you can and can’t say in a public setting before you have secured your IP
- When to ask for a non-disclosure agreement
- The University’s role in protecting the IP of staff and researchers
- How to do a preliminary patent search
- You will understand different types of IP and why it may be important to protect your inventions.
- You will know where and how to look for existing IP.
- You will understand AU’s role in protecting IP that stems from the University.
- You will have formed an early IP strategy for your own case.
- You will understand confidentiality agreements, when they are necessary and where to find templates for filling them in.
Sign up for the event here.